Friday, April 8, 2011

An interview with Elder Schall

Elder Bryce Schall returned home recently from serving the Lord in the Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico Mission.  His love for the gospel and the people of that country is apparent.  He has been able to speak in Sacrament meeting as well as bear his testimony...something our ward has enjoyed.


Some questions for Bryce:

Tell us what cities or areas you served in while on your mission:
"Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas; Villahermosa, Tabasco; Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz and Cardenas, Tabasco"

What is your favorite passage of scripture, or the scripture that inspires you most?
"My favorite passage is Chapter 5 of Alma.  It makes me think about what my life is like and where it should be."

What was the hardest part of your mission?
"Seeing the people I teach fall in sin and lose the correct path that I taught them, or basically watching someone drop the promptings and whispers of the Spirit."

Share a highlight moment with us.
"Arriving in Mexico, I found the language to be somewhat different to what they had taught me (in the MTC).  After a short period, I had the desire to speak, offered up everything I had (to the Lord), and in one week I went from a few words to full sentences."

What advice would you give to youth as they prepare to serve a mission?
"Start now.  Don't wait a moment to live like a missionary.  Read the Book of Mormon daily.  Find knowledge and wisdom in the Atonement of Christ. Repent."

Thank you for your valiant testimony and service to the Lord, Elder Schall!  And, Welcome Home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment